The work overload we may be exposed to and other factors that generate prolonged stress over time make the muscles tense and contracted.
Some time ago, people thought stress was an emotional condition and that its consequences and management were done solely from a psychological approach. However, we currently know that the consequences of continuous stressful states are not limited to the emotional plane but also occur on a physical level.
In this sense, the expert points out that it is very typical that, after a hard season of work or personal problems, pain and muscle tension end up appearing. But how can you relax your muscles? We offer you tips below.
5 Ways To Relax Muscles With Ease
Indeed on more than one occasion, you have ended up with physical discomfort. Here are five ways to relax your muscles easily, which will allow you to be more relaxed and feel more energetic.
Do an Aerobic Activity
Relaxation is not only achieved by lying on the sofa at home. To reduce discomfort, exercise has a major role to play. Engage more in cardiovascular or aerobic exercises, this allows blood to flow through the body more easily. Among them are swimming, cycling, running, and many more.
Massages allow tense muscles to relax, reducing discomfort. Do not hesitate to put yourself in the hands of a professional for a refreshing massage session.
Apply Hot or Cold Water
Before the muscle massage, you can experiment with the combination of cold and heat. To calm the pain, put a cold compress on the affected area. This helps to relieve any underlying inflammation that might be causing painful muscle spasms.
Also with hot water it enhances good blood circulation by vasodilation which also helps with muscle pain.
It’s amazing how these simple steps help relax the muscles.
Whenever we do physical activity, we must reserve a few minutes for stretching. It will provide the muscles with more flexibility and agility. You can do light stretches at any time of the day or sign up for yoga. You will notice the final effect it has in your day to day activities.
After a workout, consuming protein-rich sports drinks helps you recover faster. Proteins can also be ingested through food, such as fish, eggs, yoghurt, or meat.
There are many ways to recover and relax the muscles without standing. Any of these five options are available, so forget about excuses.
Do most of these and your muscles will thank you!
Tips To Avoid Muscle Strain
Living a healthy lifestyle that avoids problems caused by continued stress is ideal. For this reason, people who are very nervous or subjected to great work or circumstantial stress should practice relaxation techniques and learn to manage that stress. On many occasions, the help of other health professionals and psychologists is needed to receive guidelines and tools to control it.
Other recommendations of the specialist to discharge tensions are:
- Follow a good diet and hydration.
- Get quality and restorative rest.
- Practice daily physical exercise that relieves accumulated tension and associated muscle pain. This way, endorphins will be released to help improve mood and reduce pain naturally.
- Also, sporting activities enhance self-esteem and confidence and generate an essential sense of control over daily challenges.
- Taking active micro-pauses. It would be best if you took advantage of these breaks to get up from the chair and do mobilization and stretching exercises for different body parts. Emphasis should be placed on the shoulders, neck, face, and lower back, as it will help reduce the risk of suffering muscle tension and pain in these areas. Also, it will break the vicious circle that occurs when maintaining the same posture over time.
Muscle relaxation is crucial to ensure our comfort and well-being.
Sometimes when the muscle is strained or stressed, we need simple approaches to regain comfort. We have listed these approaches above and hope you found them helpful. Thanks for reading!