By my count, I’ve attempted over 25 different at-home workout programs, and I’ve probably missed a few. While I’ve had gym memberships over the years and was employed at one as a personal trainer and nutrition coach, I continue to return to some of the best at-home workout programs to maintain my physical health. It’s hard to know the best home workout for you.
If you’re grieving the loss of your gym time, consider these:
Benefits of at-home workout programs
- Convenience: Home workouts are there when you want them, on your time and your schedule. You aren’t reliant on your favorite class, instructor, or trainer being available when you are. There’s no lost time driving or need to race to the gym early to claim your spot in class or favorite cardio machine.
- Efficiency: At the gym, most group fitness classes and personal training sessions are an hour. Home workout experts have designed programs that give you the most bang for your buck in as few as six minutes. Longer workouts are still an option if you prefer them.
- Cleanliness: Shared equipment, locker rooms, floors, mats, and showers. In this season in particular, it’s more ideal (and safe) to use your own equipment and showers. You can control the cleanliness of your space.
As you shift to working out at home, you might be wondering where to start and what to try. Here are some of the best at-home workouts to consider. (If you have any known injuries, limitations or concerns at all, consult your physician before doing programs on your own.)
HERE ARE 5 OF THE BEST AT-HOME WORKOUT PROGRAMS:
- P90X3: Great all-around workout. It includes cardio, strength training, plyometrics, yoga, pilates, and more. The variety keeps your body guessing and changing for 90 days. At 30 minutes a day, it’s super efficient, too. Warning: you’ll either love or hate Tony.
- LesMills Combat: If you love martial arts, this is a winner – or you may find you unknowing love this genre once you try it. It’s a top pick for music, since it integrates familiar songs into the choreography. You can choose between short 15 minute options and longer 55 minute ones. And all workouts are streamed from Les Mills On Demand, making them portable as well.
- CorePower Yoga: Everybody needs a little yoga in their life. CorePower offers a variety of intensity levels and workout lengths to meet you right where you’re at. They have over 300 workouts to try in your space on your time.
- 21 Day Fix: These 30 minute workouts are super deceiving. The basic cardio circuits will have your buns, thighs, and everything else sculpted and on fire! Strength and cardio training is combined for maximum efficiency.
- CXWorx: Another one of Les Mills winners. This core workout utilizes your body weight, bands, and light weights and will have your abs and everything else screaming by the end of the 30 minutes. Don’t do another boring sit-up! Do this instead.
Consider your personal goals.
All of these best at-home workout program suggestions are available on demand. Beachbody (P90X3 and 21 Day Fix) and Les Mills (Combat and CXWorx) both have a proven history of designing at-home fitness programs that are backed by the latest science in the fitness field. If you don’t enjoy the ones recommended here, they have many more options in their catalogue. Your personal selection should be based on your own goals and health.
No matter what program you choose, change your routine every 2-3 months. Muscle confusion is key for body transformation and your body needs variety to accomplish this. Static workouts on the treadmill or elliptical machine day after day or doing the same workout for too long will not change your body or help you lose weight (if that’s your goal).
Give one a try and let us know what you think!