Making the right connections will determine your success on the LinkedIn app.
This professional social network offers leads, jobs and even fund raising for projects. In this article, we provide essential keys to creating your connection message on a LinkedIn invite. Don’t obsess over including all the elements; just begin with little steps.
Be Brief and Direct
This aspect is not only a question of style but a requirement established by LinkedIn. The text limit for inviting contacts is 300 characters.
That’s not much, so you’ll have to be economical with language, one of the virtues of the best copywriters.
How to Introduce Yourself on LinkedIn?
The question would be, should you introduce yourself? Not quite. Considering the limited word count, you don’t have room to go around with introductions.
In addition, the person who receives the connection request can see your complete profile with just one click. Whatever you say about yourself, you have to serve to establish affinity and synchrony with the receiver of the message.
Do you want to know how to establish synchrony?
Look for and Establish Rapport
If you want to get something from a person, you need to get both of you aligned on the same plane of thought. This is known as rapport, one of the keys to persuasion.
Rapport is essential in any communication, whether a sales email or a connection request. Never send a connection request without establishing rapport.
There are many ways to engage with the person receiving your contact request on LinkedIn.
- Greet by the client’s first name. (Hey Mark)
- Indicate how you met their profile.
- Present an affinity factor or something you have in common: interest, studies, company, friendship, or professional contact in common.
- Refer to a reason to congratulate him: an article the client wrote, a book he has published, a promotion, an award, etc.
- Mention a reason to show gratitude: their posts, conferences, or updates on LinkedIn are useful to you, their contribution to the company you work for has been invaluable, etc.
- Establish the mutual benefit of the connection: perhaps you both work for the same client or participate in events in the same industry.
- Indicate a contribution of value that you can make: advice, suggestions, or collaborations that you can offer to that person, their business, or the company in which they work.
Where to Look For Information to Build Rapport
Examine the LinkedIn groups that you have in common. If you don’t have any group in common, request access to a group in which the client appears.
Check out their LinkedIn profile for similarities.
The best of all? They may ask you to connect when LinkedIn notifies them that you’ve reviewed their profile. Check their profile on other networks or websites.
Take note: To check the updates of a LinkedIn user who is not yet a contact, you must click “See all activity” in the “Posts and activity” section in the profile of the person with whom you want to connect.
Take advantage of every opportunity that arises to establish a new contact.
Any type of interaction that you have previously had is an excellent excuse to contact a person who fits your buyer’s profile or is a professional with whom you are interested in being in contact.
Take advantage of the inertia!
If you let time pass, chances are that person will forget about your previous interaction, or you will go back to being strangers.
Do Not Sell
Invitations to connect on LinkedIn are NOT an email marketing tool!
If your ultimate goal is to land a client, the following key steps are important;
- Establish a relationship of trust.
- Communicate your sales pitch.
That is the basic structure of any efficient sales funnel.
Also, if you turn the connection message into a sales pitch, you risk having your account restricted by LinkedIn.
Don’t forget to thank them for taking the time to read your LinkedIn connection request.
There you have it; these mentioned points are steps needed to connect meaningful profiles on Linkedin. Although you might not be able to do all, you should at least apply 70% of it. We hope this content provides the value you seek.