Icebreakers… What are they?
Simply put, icebreakers are a great way to, well, break the ice, especially when it comes to getting to know people or lightening the mood before a more serious discussion. Icebreakers are great ways to bond people through a common, light-hearted topic, and they’re often genuinely enjoyed by those participating in them.
Icebreakers in the work environment are beneficial in the sense of introducing people to each other and helping people get more comfortable with one another. Furthermore, icebreakers are fun to start conversations with, and are great ways to warm the group up before diving into deeper discussion.
25 Icebreaker Questions
If you’re looking for icebreaker inspiration for the work environment, you’ve come to the right place! Below are 25 icebreaker questions that you could use in small groups at work.
1. What’s your favorite mode of transportation and why?
2. What’s something that’s on your bucket list?
3. Do you prefer working remotely or in-person, and why?
4. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
6. Do you have any scars, and if so, what’s the story behind them?
7. Do you have a dream retirement location, and if so, where is it?
8. If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
9. What’s your favorite movie or TV show?
10. What’s a healthy habit that you’re trying to build or that you’d like to build into your life?
11. What’s something that others wouldn’t expect about you?
12. What’s one positive thing you took away from the pandemic?
13. What’s your favorite sport, and did you grow up playing it?
14. If you could be an animal, which animal would you be and why?
15. What was the color of your childhood bedroom?
16. If you had the opportunity to go to the moon, would you take it?
17. What’s a dream that you’re currently working towards?
18. What’s your favorite season of the year and why?
19. Do you have any pets, and if so, what type(s) of animals are they?
20. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
21. Do you prefer Zoom or Google Meet?
22. Do you have any hidden talents, and if so, what are they?
23. What’s a funny memory that you’ll never forget?
24. Where’s your favorite place you’ve ever traveled to?
25. When you think of your happy place, where is it, who’s there, and what are you doing?
Use These Questions in Your Own Work Environment!
I hope this list gives you some icebreaker inspiration, and I’d encourage you to use these questions in your own work environment! Like I mentioned before, icebreakers are a great way to start conversations and will surely break the ice (pun intended) before you dive into deeper, more serious conversations.