Today we’re highlighting the top 10 successful corporate wellness programs, details of their programs and why they are some of the best in the country.
- Affordable, yet high quality airline, JetBlue, offers its “crew members” unlimited access to LifeSolutions, a mental health hotline as well as a $400 deductible to use towards the cost of insurance, copays and prescription costs.
- Gym equipment company Life Fitness has meeting rooms with standing conference tables, gyms for efficient eight-minute workouts and a FitBit “race” that pits both Illinois offices against each other.
- Tough Mudder’s corporate wellness program includes walking desks, showers for bike commuters and, maybe most unconventional, a discount on Tough Mudder sponsors, like Under Armour, to keep employees suited up in the latest gear to help motivate them on their fitness journeys.
- Goodwill offers a robust wellness program called the GoodLife that includes education and awareness initiatives, employee health challenges, health coaching offered by registered nurses, comprehensive support programs, discounts to health centers and more.
- Accenture, a business management consultant company, offers employee assistance programs, which provide confidential support for things such as stress, substance abuse, depression and anxiety. Employees are also offered Teladoc services, so that they can ask a physician any health-related question 24/7. Accenture’s forward-thinking wellness program allows employees to set health goals and offers rewards for completing healthy activities.
- Google’s campus offers a plethora of services including physician, chiropractic, physical therapy and massage therapy, as well as access to fitness centers, classes and community bikes. Employees can also take advantage of cooking classes and more, and the campus offers healthy snacks and meals.
- Microsoft provides employees with resources for smoking cessation, weight management and fitness training. The company will also fund gym memberships or fitness-related equipment and activity purchases while also offering free Zumba classes, onsite walking and running tracks as well as basketball, volleyball and baseball courts. “Know Your Numbers” health screening events provide employees and their spouses with periodic screenings for heart disease, diabetes, cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Employees at Motley Fool are offered a wide variety of programs and wellness program initiatives to help with their physical and mental wellness including a kitchen stocked with healthy snacks, health and wellness clubs, free personal training sessions, free spinning and bootcamp classes and a 50% reimbursements for races of any kind.
- Manufacturers of audiovisual equipment, Draper, Inc offers employees an on-site wellness center, health challenges with sizable prizes and has a wellness committee to help manage and maintain the programs.
- Zappos takes its employees away from their desks for an hour each day for active fun. It also has “Recess Tuesdays” during which playground toys are provided in the plaza, and employees are encouraged to use them for some competitive fun.
As you can see, companies provide wellness programs that need the needs of their employees, and programs can include a wide variety of initiatives.
If you’re looking to create and manage a corporate wellness program, BetterYou can provide you with the resources you need to make it successful and time-efficient.
BetterYou offers a complete wellness program under a single platform that handles most of the work for you. With BetterYou, users select their own incentives based on their goals and lifestyle. BetterYou then manages the entire process, all while keeping the incentives free for the employer.
Ready to get started? Schedule a consultation and/or a demo of BetterYou today.